Some ingredients you’ll need…
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml water
- 59ml ketchup
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 Ye Olde Oak hot dogs (1 can)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 59ml spicy mustard
- Put the cooking oil and onions into a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté until the onions are soft, for about 5 minutes.
- Add honey, chilli powder, and cinnamon to the onions. Sauté for another minute or until fragrant.
- Add water, ketchup, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and thickened.
- Allow the onions to cool in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Empty Ye Olde Oak hot dogs, including brine, into a sauce pan and heat gently for 5 minutes.
- Add mustard to each bun. Then top with a hot dog, followed by the onion sauce.
Enjoyed this? Tell some friends
Share this recipe on Facebook