Some ingredients you’ll need…
- 128g yellow cornmeal
- 128g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 32g white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 250ml milk
- 900ml vegetable oil for frying
- 16 Ye Olde Oak hot dogs (2 jars)
- 16 wooden skewers
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk.
- Preheat the oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Insert the wooden skewers into your Ye Olde Oak hot dogs lengthways. Then roll them in the batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned, this usually takes about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Enjoyed this? Tell some friends
Share this recipe on Facebook