Some ingredients you’ll need…
- 2 Ye Olde Oak Classic Jumbo hot dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 50g Sour cream
- 50g white cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g jalapeños
For the beef chilli:
- 150g minced beef
- 75g chopped tomatoes
- 50g red kidney beans
- 20g onion, finely chopped
- 20g garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne spice
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- ½ beef stock cube
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan on a high heat. Once hot, add the chopped onions and fry for 1-2 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Stir in the minced beef. Cook for a further minute, add the beef stock cube and mix in thoroughly.
- Stir in the garlic, red kidney beans, and tomatoes. Add the cumin, cayenne and chill powder. Stir in a sprinkle of salt and pepper to season.
- Reduce to a medium heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Empty hot dogs, including brine, into a sauce pan and heat gently for about 5 minutes.
- Brush the hot dog buns with a little butter and toast lightly in the oven.
- Half-fill the hot dog buns with the beef chilli. Place the hot dogs on top and dress with sour cream, jalapeños, and grated cheese. Serve immediately.
Enjoyed this? Tell some friends
Share this recipe on Facebook