Some ingredients you’ll need…
- 25g Butter
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed, sliced
- 600g Potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 7 cups (1.75L) water
- 1 Tin Ye Olde Oak Finest Gammon Ham, cut into 1cm cubes
- 3 Flat-leaf parsley stalks
- Salt and Cracked black pepper
- Chopped Chives to serve
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook for 3 minutes or until soft (do not brown).
- Add potato, water, and parsley stalks and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft. Remove soup from heat and set aside.
- Remove parsley stalks from soup. Using a hand blender, process the soup until smooth. Add ¾’s of the Ye Olde Oak finest gammon ham cubes to the soup and return pan to the heat for 3 minutes or until soup is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup between serving bowls and top with remaining ham and chives. Serve immediately.
- Eat with warm crusty bread for a heartwarming meal on a winters day.
Enjoyed this? Tell some friends
Share this recipe on Facebook