Some ingredients you’ll need…
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 8 Ye Olde Oak hot dogs (1 can)
- 300g grated cheddar
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- To start, cut the hot dog buns lengthwise and roll them flat with a rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Using a pastry brush spread the mixture over the outside of the hot dog buns.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and sear the Ye Olde Oak hot dogs until charred, 2 minutes per side. Then set them aside.
- Place the buns buttered-side down in a pan (or as many as you can fit in the pan at a time) and top with 50g of cheddar cheese, a hot dog, and ¼ of spring onions.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the cheese melts, then use a spatula to close the bun. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Enjoyed this? Tell some friends
Share this recipe on Facebook